Chicken and gnocchi in a creamy tomato sauce topped with melted mozzarella cheese in this 30-minute chicken gnocchi skillet recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 16 oz. potato gnocchi
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 25 oz. jar of marinara
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream (or Greek yogurt for a lighter recipe)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenders and season with salt and pepper; sauté until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil the gnocchi according to package directions.
- Once the chicken is done, add the gnocchi and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the marinara, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning – stir to combine.
- Top with chunks of fresh mozzarella and place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes – until hot and bubbly and the mozzarella is melted.
- Give it one final stir and serve immediately.
- For a lighter recipe, swap in Greek yogurt for the heavy cream.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free gnocchi
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 30-minute meals, chicken gnocchi skillet,