THE perfect party appetizer – air fryer buffalo chicken meatballs! They’re healthy-ish but full of all your favorite buffalo chicken flavors. Made with lean ground chicken and seasonings, a delicious buffalo sauce, and topped with blue cheese crumbles.
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- blue cheese crumbles
- chopped chives for garnish
- appetizer toothpicks
- Combine the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and unsalted butter into a saucepan and heat on medium-low, occasionally stirring. Once it’s well-combined, reduce heat to low and warm until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, chopped celery, minced garlic, and salt. Using your hands, mix to thoroughly combine.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray or oil, then form the chicken mixture into 1-inch balls and place into the air fryer basket. Be sure to give them a bit of room.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the air fryer basket and place them onto a plate.
- Pierce each meatball with one of the appetizer toothpicks, I’ve shared my favorite below, and then dip into the buffalo sauce and place onto your serving platter. Repeat this process for all of the meatballs.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and chopped chives and serve immediately.
- You can test the chicken meatballs with a meat thermometer. The optimal internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Yes, you can cook these air fryer buffalo chicken meatballs ahead of time and then sauce right before serving. You could also cook ahead of time, transfer to a slow cooker, and warm in the sauce. This is especially a great option if taking these to a party.
- Honestly, you can use any size air fryer, you may just have to cook them in two batches if you have a smaller air fryer basket. You can read my recommendations for best air fryers and accessories if you’re still looking for an air fryer or looking for accessories to up your air fryer cooking game.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo chicken, air fryer recipes, air fryer, air fryer buffalo chicken meatballs