This easy air fryer coconut shrimp is gluten-free and cooks in under 10 minutes! It’s the perfect party appetizer or quick weeknight dinner.
- 12 oz large precooked shrimp – thawed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cooking spray or olive oil in a spray bottle
- Pineapple Aioli
- First, add the shredded coconut to one bowl, add the three eggs to another bowl, and add the gluten-free flour and gluten-free panko bread crumbs to another. Add the salt and pepper to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Next, spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Begin to coat the shrimp. First, dredge the shrimp in the flour and bread crumb mixture. Then, dip into the egg. Finally, dredge in the shredded coconut and place into the air fryer basket. Continue this process until all of the shrimp are coated. Give the shrimp a quick spray with cooking spray or olive oil and then cook for 6 minutes at 400 degrees F., flipping halfway.
- Make the pineapple aioli while the shrimp is cooking.
- When done, remove from the air fryer basket and serve immediately.
- Use sweetened shredded coconut for a sweet taste. If you would like less sugar, use unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Any gluten-free flour blend or tapioca flour will work.
- Nutrition content below does not include the pineapple aioli. See that recipe for nutritional information.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer, coconut shrimp, pineapple aioli, gluten-free