Better than take-out, this easy Air Fryer Sticky Asian Beef is gluten-free and cooks in the air fryer in under 20 minutes!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and rate it 5-stars!
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 red peppers – sliced
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb sirloin steak – thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Sesame seeds for garnishment
- rice or cauliflower rice
- In a skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat, then add the sliced red peppers and cook until tender. Once tender, reduce heat to low.
- In a saucepan, add the liquid aminos, water, brown sugar, ginger, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes – whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Let the sauce cook while you prepare the steak. At the 10 minute mark, if the sauce is still thin and runny, add 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot starch and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to low and let cook until ready to use.
- While the sauce and peppers are cooking, begin to prepare the steak. Thinly slice the sirloin steak. Season with the arrowroot starch, salt, and pepper, then toss to coat.
- Add the steak to the air fryer basket. It’s okay if some of the pieces overlap one another.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees F. for ten minutes. Open the basket and using a fork toss the steak. Then, cook for an additional five minutes or until the steak is crispy and reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Once the steak is finished, remove the air fryer basket and transfer the cooked steak to the pan with the red peppers. Add the thickened sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or on its own. Top with sesame seeds if desired.
- Corn starch can be swapped in for arrowroot if needed.
- If you do not have liquid aminos, use 1/2 cup soy sauce, however, be sure you use a gluten-free brand.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: air fryer, gluten-free, asian beef,