An easy at-home Asian dish – this air fryer sweet & sour chicken cooks in under 30 minutes and has the perfect balance between sweet + tang.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut into 1” cubes
- 2 Tbsp. olive or sesame oil – divided.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 6 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 Tbsp. arrowroot starch (or corn starch)
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch of raw broccoli
- rice or cauliflower rice
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. Add the cut chicken breast to the air fryer basket. Season with salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp. of oil – toss to coat.
- Cook at 400 degrees F. for 15 minutes, opening to toss about half-way. If not fully cooked at the 15-minute mark, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vinegar, liquid aminos, honey, sriracha, ketchup, arrowroot, and red pepper flakes to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring to combine. The arrowroot will help the sauce thicken while it cooks.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Chop the broccoli off of the main stalk and add to the skillet and cook just until softened.
- Once everything is done cooking, combine it all (chicken, broccoli, and sauce) and toss to coat thoroughly.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can cook this dish by cooking the chicken in a skillet with about 1 Tbsp. of cooking oil. Simply heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the cubed chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked through. If using this method, you could cook the broccoli and other vegetables alongside the chicken in the same skillet.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Chinese-American
Keywords: air fryer recipes, sweet & sour chicken, gluten-free recipes, air fryer sweet & sour chicken