This apple cranberry Thanksgiving salad is a simple yet elegant salad that’s full of seasonal fruit and a tangy dressing. that’s perfect for your Thanksgiving menu.
- 8 oz. organic fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 honey crisp apple – peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion – sliced
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy, then remove from the pan and set on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, and raw honey and whisk together. Set aside until ready to use.
- Rinse the spinach before use, then add to a large salad bowl.
- Add in the cranberries, apple slices, red onion, and feta. Crumble the bacon pieces over the top. Using salad forks, toss all ingredients together.
- Right before serving, add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss again until well coated. Serve immediately.
- If you want a milder cheese, swap in cubes of Swiss cheese for the feta.
- Omit the bacon, if preferred.
- Time-saving tip: You can easily make the dressing ahead of time and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. You could also prepare the bacon, apples, and onions ahead of time and have the salad ready to throw together to cut down on time.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad, apple cranberry salad, Thanksgiving salad