Baked apple dumplings are the perfect fall treat and they’ll have your house smelling deliciously warm and cozy.
- 6 Granny Smith apples (peeled and cored)
- 1 pkg double pie crust
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon – divided
- 4 tbsp butter – divided
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the pie crust from the package. Using a rolling pin, roll the corners of the pie crust out until the dough forms a large square. Cut the square into four equal squares. Continue the same process with the second pie crust.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Begin assembling your apple dumplings. Place one apple in the center of one of your small square pie crust pieces. Place 1/4 tbsp butter down into the core of the apple. Then, spoon 2 tsp. of the cinnamon and sugar mixture into the core of the apple.
- Next, grab the opposite end corners of the square and pull them up to meet on the top of the apple. Pinch to seal the corners together. Do the same with the other opposite corners, bringing them up to meet on the top of the apple and pinch to seel together. Using your fingers, pinch the dough together down the sides of the apples so that the apple is fully enclosed in the pie crust dough. If you want, you can cut out tiny fall leaves using a small leaf pastry stamper and then place them at the top of each dumpling.
- Place into a 9×13 baking dish and repeat this process with the remaining apples.
- In a saucepan, add the brown sugar, water, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and 3 tbsp of butter. Heat on medium, stirring occasionally, until everything is melted and combined. Pour over apples in the baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the pie crust is golden and flaky. If you’d like, you can baste the apples with sauce mid-baking.
- Use a store-bought pie crust or, if comfortable, use your own homemade pie crust recipe
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: apple dumplings, fall desserts, baked apple dumplings, baked apples