Whether it’s date night in or a cozy family dinner, this baked chicken gnocchi with a creamy white wine sauce is sure to please everyone that’s gathered around your table.
- 17.6 oz. package of gnocchi
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in, with skin
- 4 Tbsp. butter – divided
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning – divided
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup semi-dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Boil the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt two tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, season with salt, pepper, and one tablespoon of the Italian seasoning. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and sear for another 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and place into the greased 9×13 dish.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the chicken, add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté until the spinach is wilted. Pour the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture over the chicken breasts, scraping the pan.
- Next, add the cooked gnocchi to the chicken dish. If the gnocchi is stuck together, you can give them a quick toss in a dash of olive oil or run under warm water and use your hands to toss and separate.
- Place the skillet back over medium-high heat and melt the other two tablespoons of butter. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Next, add the white wine and chicken broth, stirring frequently. Let come to a simmer, then add in the heavy cream, additional tablespoon of Italian seasoning, and freshly grated Asiago cheese. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken and gnocchi.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with a semi-dry or dry white wine and enjoy!
Keywords: gnocchi, white wine, Missouri wine, baked chicken gnocchi