This is hands-down our favorite chicken wings recipe – which is why we’re giving it the title best chicken wings recipe!
If you liked this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating.
- 24 fresh chicken wings/drummettes
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 2 cup high-temp frying oil (ex. Avocado oil)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups hot sauce (I use Frank’s Hot Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the hot sauce, butter, ranch dressing, and red pepper flakes. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the butter is melted. Reduce heat to low.
- In a deep frying pan, add the 2 cups of oil and heat over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper, then add them to the hot oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes on one side, occasionally moving the wings to keep them from sticking to the bottom. Then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, remove from oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to rest.
- Turn the oven onto the broil setting and prepare a baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with foil then set a cooling rack on top of the lined baking sheet. Or, you can use a broiler pan.
- Using tongs, dip the wings individually into the sauce and place onto the cooling rack. Place the pan into the oven and let the wings sit under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes. Watch closely so they do not burn.
- Remove from the oven, then once again dip each wing individually into the sauce one again, then transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
- Be sure to use fresh or thawed chicken wings – never frozen.
- Adjust the red pepper flakes quantity to increase or decrease heat.
- If you need a dairy-free ranch, check out my Paleo Ranch dressing.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wing recipes, hot spicy chicken wings, gluten-free