Put your summer tomatoes to use with these gluten-free BLT breakfast egg bites. They’re the perfect grab-and-go breakfast made with fresh ingredients.
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1–2 fresh tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- First, cook the bacon and set aside too cool.
- Next, add the eggs and milk to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Then, add the spinach, minced garlic, and cheddar cheese to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Crumble the bacon into the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Next, grease a muffin tin and pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture into each section. You’ll want to fill them almost full. Depending on how big your tomato is, add one slice of tomato, or a half a slice, to each section. Gently push it down into the egg mixture.
- Finally, bake 375 for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the center. Note: they will puff up and over the edge of each hole as they cook, but will deflate as they cool. So don’t worry if you see them busting out of their section.
- For a dairy-free option, use full-fat coconut milk and non-dairy shredded cheese.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free, gluten-free breakfast, egg bites, BLT egg bites, farmers market recipes