Up your holiday pie game with this brûléed eggnog custard pie. Creamy eggnog custard center topped with a crunchy brûléed top.
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup + 4 Tbsp. white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven according to pie crust package directions.
- Roll out pie crust into a 14-inch round circle. Wrap the pie crust dough around a rolling pin and carefully unroll over a greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Gently fit the pie crust into the bottom and sides of the plate. Trim the extra dough to about a 1-inch overhang. Using your fingertips, crimp the dough all the way around the pie plate.
- Score (poke) the entire bottom of the pie crust with a fork, then bake according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- While the crust is cooling, add the eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, eggnog, and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and sprinkle the top with the nutmeg. Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil or a crust protector, but do not cover the pie filling. Bake for one hour or until set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the 4 tbsp. of white granulated sugar all over the top and, using a kitchen torch, brûlée until the sugar is caramelized and dark brown. Let sit for a few minutes and serve.
Keywords: brûlée, eggnog, custard pie