- 1 french bread
- 1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small white onion (chopped)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 medium butternut squash – peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in chopped onion, celery, and squash. Sauté until the vegetables begin to soften. Add in spices and stir well.
- Add in chicken sausage and continue to cook until sausage is cooked through.
- While the vegetable and sausage mixture is cooking, cut the loaf of french bread into cubes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Once sausage mixture is done cooking, add to bowl with bread cubes and toss together.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan and add stuffing to pan. Pour chicken broth evenly over the stuffing mixture and toss.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0