This caramel apple galette is the perfect Thanksgiving dessert for the imperfect baker, like me. With an easy shortcut for the crust, just fill it with fresh apples, cinnamon, sugar, and then drizzle with caramel sauce for a simple yet elegant dessert.
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 9-inch store-bought pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp. decorating sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven according to the package directions for the pie crust.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and allspice and stir to coat.
- Lay down a sheet of parchment paper and dust with flour. Place the pie crust dough onto the parchment paper and roll out until it’s about 12 inches in diameter.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the center of the dough, then gently fold up the edges all the way around.
- Whisk one egg white, then brush it onto the folded edges of the pie crust. Sprinkle the crust edges with decorating sugar.
- Transfer the parchment paper and galette to a baking sheet, then bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel apple galette, galette recipe, apple recipes, dessert