This cheesy baked gnocchi is the perfect date night gnocchi recipe! It’s a classic comfort food dish that’s rich and savory yet super easy to make.
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 12 oz. gnocchi
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in the minced garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the flour and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in the milk and broth, then add the gnocchi. Bring to a simmer and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add in the fresh spinach and let it cook down. Then add the shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and provolone. Stir until fully melted and combined.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 dish and bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with additional parmesan cheese, if preferred.
- Add in rotisserie chicken for a baked chicken and gnocchi recipe.
- Use 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup white wine for a gnocchi white wine sauce recipe.
- Use Asiago cheese in place of mozzarella for an Asiago gnocchi dish.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: cheesy baked gnocchi, baked gnocchi, gnocchi