- 2–3 large boneless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup flour (use gluten-free alternative if needed)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (use gluten-free alternative if needed)
- 1–2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 12 tbsp. grass-fed butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 jar marinara
- 1–2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package slider buns (12 count)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper.
- In other bowl, add the flour. Then, lay out a sheet of parchment paper and spread the bread crumbs, mixing in the Italian seasoning. I like to place my bread crumbs onto parchment or wax paper for easy coating.
- Slice the chicken breasts one time lengthwise, then cut into small chunks. (About 2 in. x 2 in. chunks)
- In a large skillet, melt 8 tbsp. of butter (one full stick). Once the butter is melted, begin coating the chicken. First dip into the flour, then into the egg, then finally coat with the bread crumb mixture and place into the pan to cook. Continue until all pieces are coated and cooking. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 4 tbsp. butter in a small dish and add the garlic powder.
- Using another skillet, brush the inside of the slider buns with the butter and toast.
- Place the slider buns into a 9×13 dish, or 2 8×8 dishes. Once the chicken is finished cooking, start assembling the sliders. Add the chicken pieces, top with shredded mozzarella cheese, then a little sauce. Brush the top of the buns with butter and place into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian