Nothing says summer better than coconut lime ceviche – a light, fresh, gluten-free appetizer perfect for any summertime meal!
- 12 oz pre-cooked large shrimp – thawed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Tree Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Tree White Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 jalapeño – chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado – cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- Thaw the pre-cooked shrimp, then cut into bite-sized pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, Tabasco, lemon juice, red onion, jalapeño, and tomato to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator. Add the cubed avocado, chopped cilantro – stir to combine, then serve with tortilla chips.
- Add additional vegetables, if preferred.
- Do not substitute with regular olive oil or vinegar.
- For less heat, omit the Tabasco sauce.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: ceviche, coconut lime ceviche, gluten-free appetizer