These coconut shrimp with key lime aioli are the perfect appetizer for your next party. This recipe is also both gluten dairy free. Whip up a batch for your next party and dream about sitting beachside. Your guests will love these grab-and-go gluten-free coconut shrimp on a skewer.
- 1 12 oz Large shrimp (precooked and thawed)
- 1 cup tapioca flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
Key Lime Aioli
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mayo
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 8 wooden skewers
- In 3 separate small bowls, add the flour to one bowl, the eggs to the 2nd bowl, and the coconut and bread crumbs to the 3rd bowl.
- Using a fork, whisk the eggs until blended. Using your hands, blend the coconut and bread crumbs well.
- In a large frying pan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Depending on your pan size you may have to add more oil. You want enough oil to cover the entire pan and be about 1/8-1/4 of an inch deep.
- Once the oil is melted and heated up, begin dipping your shrimp.
- First dip the shrimp into the flour, coating well. Then dip into the egg, then thoroughly coat in the coconut and bread crumb mixture. Place shrimp into heated coconut oil.
- Continue the process until your pan is full, but do not crowd the shrimp.
- Fry the shrimp for about 2 minutes, then flip and continue flipping back and forth until you have a nice golden brown breading.
- As the shrimp are cooking, combine the aioli ingredients in a small bowl and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Once finished, remove the shrimp and place onto a paper towel lined plate while you finish cooking the remaining shrimp.
- Continue the process until all shrimp are cooked.
- Let shrimp cool for 3-5 minutes and then slide onto skewers
- Serve immediately with the key lime aioli
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free, coconut shrimp, appetizers, key lime, aioli