Creamy tomato tortellini soup filled with fresh tortellini, cream, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. #soup #tortellini #tortellinisoup #creamytomatosoup
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 12 cups chicken broth ((96 oz))
- 7 cups fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a skillet, cook the sweet Italian sausage, drain, and set aside.
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the tortellini and boil for 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add in the heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, cooked sweet Italian sausage, salt, basil, and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure it does not continue to boil. If needed, reduce heat to low.
- Serve soup and top with freshly grated parmesan, if preferred.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0