An easy crock pot chicken wings recipe that gives you tender, juicy wings with a crispy skin on the outside.
- 3–4 pounds of fresh – not frozen – chicken wings and drummettes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups hot sauce (we use Frank’s)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 Tbps. red pepper flakes
- Add the fresh (or thawed) chicken wings and drummettes to the crock pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the wings, then add the red pepper flakes, and stick of butter.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours – stirring a few times as they cook.
- When finished cooking, remove from oven and place onto a baking sheet. Pour about 1 – 1 1/2 cups of the sauce from the crock pot over the wings on the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven under the broiler and broil for 10 minutes – checking every 3-4 minutes and using a basting brush, basting the wings every time with the sauce from the pan.
- Once the wings have reached 165 degrees F. internal temperature, and the skin is crispy with the sauce looking ‘charred’ just a bit, remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Serve wings with your choice of garnishment – fresh carrots, celery, and a dipping sauce of choice.
- If your oven does not have a broil setting you can simply bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until the wings crisp up a bit.
- If you’re using frozen wings, be sure to fully thaw before cooking.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crock pot chicken wings, chicken wings, gluten-free, crockpot meals