Easy sheet pan chicken fajitas make dinner time a breeze. Tender chicken, roasted peppers and onions, all marinated with a garlic cilantro balsamic vinegar.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 2 red peppers – sliced
- 2 yellow peppers – sliced
- 1/2 white onion – sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive Tree Garlic Cilantro balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese
- corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice both the red and yellow peppers into thin slices, lengthwise. Slice the 1/2 white onion into 1/2 inch chunks, lengthwise. Place the cut vegetables onto one half of a baking sheet.
- Lay the chicken tenders on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Season the chicken and vegetables with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Then, pour the garlic cilantro balsamic over the chicken and vegetables.
- Using your hands. toss the chicken and vegetables to fully coat with the seasonings and balsamic.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and carefully drain off any excess juices.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken and vegetables. Toss one last time.
- Fill your tortillas with the chicken and vegetables, and top with crumbled Cotija cheese and additional toppings of your choice.
- You could substitute chicken breasts or skinless chicken thighs. Just slice them into thin slices before baking.
- Add in additional vegetable variations, if preferred.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: sheet pan dinners, sheet pan chicken fajitas