These French Toast muffins are perfect for a quick family breakfast or for brunch with your girlfriends.
- 1 loaf challah, brioche, or French bread
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut or tear your bread into large chunks (about 1 in x 1 in cubes) and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, eggs, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk to combine, ensuring the eggs are fully blended.
- Pour the cream mixture over the bread chunks. Using your hands, toss the bread to thoroughly coat.
- Line a 12 count muffin tin with muffin liners. Using a spoon, fill each muffin liner with the coated bread pieces. Fill each liner so that you have a nice mound of bread as they will sink after baking.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Once finished, remove from oven and let cool for 5 min. Brush with additional maple syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
- If you need a gluten-free substitute, you’ll need a thicker gluten-free bread like a brioche or challah.
- For a dairy-free alternative, sub in full-fat canned coconut milk
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: french toast, french toast muffins, brunch, breakfast