- Sandwich ingredients:
- Gluten-free focaccia bread (I used Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia bread)
- 1 fresh organic tomato
- 1 package fresh sliced mozzarella
- Homemade basil pesto (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon (I use Pederson’s nitrate free, no-sugar bacon)
- Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh basil (packed into cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach (packed into cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- Make the pesto first by combining all ingredients into a food processor and blending until well combined and you have a nice paste.
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Slice focaccia bread and place in toaster. Brush on olive oil once toasted.
- Assemble the sandwich starting with a layer of fresh tomato, mozzarella cheese, bacon, then pesto.
- Cuisine: Italian