A delicious cinnamon apple galette that’s gluten-free and perfect for fall baking!
- Four tart apples (I used Braeburn) peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free 1 to 1 flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- one egg white
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Cut butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs.
- Add the cold water and stir with a fork until the dough comes together. If needed, add in additional water 1 Tbsp. at a time until the dough forms.
- Press the dough into a ball or disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, add apples, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until the dough is ready.
- When the dough is ready, lay out one sheet of parchment paper and lightly flour. Place the dough onto the floured surface. Cover the dough with an additional sheet of parchment paper and roll out into a large 12-14 inch circle – or just roll out with a floured rolling pin. If the dough sticks, try the parchment paper trick.
- Spoon the filling into the center of the dough, then carefully fold up the edges, letting them naturally fold in. There will be cracks and lines.
- Carefully transfer the galette, bottom parchment paper and all, to a baking sheet. Trim the parchment paper, if needed, so that it is not hanging over the edges of the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white and gently brush the egg white over the folded edges of the crust. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- If the crust cracks as you fold it, just simply pinch it together.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free galette, cinnamon apple galette, gluten-free cinnamon apple galette, gluten-free baking