A delicious summer farmers market recipe – this gluten-free marinated tomato salad uses fresh tomatoes and zucchini combined in a delicious marinade and paired with fresh mozzarella.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil – chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 large zucchini
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- In a small mixing bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, fresh chopped basil, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir to combine, then let sit and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are marinating, use a spiralizer to cut your zucchini into noodles. Place the zucchini noodles into a large mixing bowl.
- When the tomatoes are ready, pour them into the bowl with the zucchini noodles and stir to combine.
- Then, cut the fresh mozzarella into small chunks, add to the bowl, and serve immediately.
- If cherry tomatoes are not available – you can use large tomatoes and simply cut them into small chunks.
- If you do not have a spiralizer, you can cut the zucchini into small chunks as well.
- Dried herbs can be swapped for fresh herbs.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free side dish, farmers market recipe, marinated tomato salad, zucchini noodles