These gluten-free mini apple galettes are the perfect individual-sized dessert, full of fresh apples and cinnamon.
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 egg white
- decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt – mix to combine.
- Cut the butter into small chunks, then add to the flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until you get coarse crumbs.
- Next, add the cold water and stir until the dough comes together. You want the dough to come together but not be too wet or too dry.
- Shape the dough into a disc, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is refrigerating, prepare the apple filling.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice lengthwise into thin slices and place into a bowl. Add the 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Stir to coat the apples.
- When the dough is ready, remove from the refrigerator and place onto a floured sheet of parchment paper. Divide into four equal sections.
- Roll out each dough section into a 4 to 6-inch circle. Add about 3/4 cup of the apple filling to the center of each circle.
- Then, gently fold up the edges of the galette, pinching together any cracks on the side. Once they’re all assembled, transfer the parchment paper and galettes to a baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg white and brush onto the edges of each galette. Then, sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden and flaky.
- Remove from oven, serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if preferred.
- Roll the dough to about 1/8″ thick
- Be sure to use a 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free galettes, gluten-free mini apple galettes, gluten-free baking, mini apple galettes, gluten-free desserts