This gluten-free peach galette is the perfect dessert for your fresh summer peaches. Easy to make with minimal baking skills required!
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 7 Tbsp. sugar – divided
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 peaches – sliced, seed removed
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch (or corn starch)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- decorating sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar, and salt and mix to combine. Cut the butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture until you get coarse crumbs.
- Add the cold water and stir until the dough comes together. Use your hand, if needed, to get it to fully come together.
- Press the dough into a disc and wrap with plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, add the sliced peaches, 6 Tbsp. sugar, arrowroot starch, and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- Once the dough has chilled, remove from refrigerator.
- Add a little flour to a sheet of parchment paper and place the dough onto the floured surface.
- Roll the dough out into a 12-14 inch circle. Note: You want to dough to be about 1/8 inch thick. If it’s too thick it will be chewy.
- Transfer the peach mixture to the center of the rolled dough.
- Carefully fold up the edges of the galette and work your way around the entire galette. If the dough cracks, simply pinch it together.
- Whisk one egg white, then brush it onto the edges of the crust. Sprinkle the crust with sugar or decorating sugar.
- Transfer the parchment paper and galette to a baking sheet. Cut off any edges of the parchment paper that may be handing down.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Use fresh white or yellow peaches – keep the skin on but remove the core and seed.
- If you use frozen peaches, thaw before using.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free desserts, gluten-free galettes, gluten-free peach galettes, farmers market recipes, fresh peaches