Spring is in the air with this gluten-free strawberry galette recipe – a beautiful gluten-free dessert made with fresh strawberries.
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 egg white for wash
- decorating sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries – sliced
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Next, cut the butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs.
- Next, pour the cold water into the bowl and stir with a fork until the dough comes together. If needed, add additional cold water 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
- Press the dough into a ball or disc, wrap with plastic wrap or beeswax paper, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, add the filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl and gently stir to combine.
- When the dough is ready, lightly flour a sheet of parchment paper and place the dough onto the floured surface. Then, either cover the dough with another sheet of parchment paper or use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough out into a 12-14 inch circle.
- Spoon the strawberry filling onto the center of the dough.
- Carefully fold up the edges of the dough, letting them naturally fold in. Cracks are normal and you can simply pinch them together as you fold.
- Whisk one egg white and brush onto the edges of the galette crush. Then, sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- Carefully transfer the galette, parchment paper included, to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- If you do not have arrowroot powder you can swap out for corn starch.
- If you do not have decorating sugar you can use regular granulated sugar.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free strawberry galette, gluten-free galette recipe, gluten-free baking