Creamy green chicken enchilada skillet is an easy one-pot skillet dinner that will have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken – skin removed, breast meat only
- 28 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup plain Green yogurt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups shredded Oaxaca cheese
- chopped Cilantro – optional
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of Olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Cut the corn tortillas into small squares and add to the heated oil. Season with the salt and pepper and let brown – stirring occasionally.
- While the tortillas are browning, pull the skin off the rotisserie chicken and then pull off the breast meat in small chunks and set aside.
- Once the tortillas have browned, remove from skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- Add the chicken, green enchilada sauce, Greek yogurt, and cumin and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce to low and let simmer for five minutes.
- Add the tortillas back into the skillet and stir until fully combined.
- Shred the Oaxaca cheese and sprinkle on top of the entire skillet and let melt.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with chopped Cilantro, if preferred.
- If you cannot find Oaxaca cheese, you can substitute with Quesadilla or Manchego cheese.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
Keywords: enchilada skillet, green chicken enchilada skillet, gluten-free dinner