Fire up the grill this summer for this grilled Mexican street corn – an easy gluten-free summer grilling recipe!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- 5 ears of corn
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese – crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, cumin, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove the husks and silk from each ear of corn. Place corn on the grill and grill for 2 minutes on each side – continually turning until it has a uniformed color. (about 6-8 minutes)
- Remove corn from grill. Using a pastry brush, spread the cream sauce over each ear of corn heavily. Then, squeeze one half of a lime over the corn. Sprinkle with the chili powder, chopped cilantro, and cotija cheese. Serve immediately.
- You can grill with the corn husks and silk intact. If so, soak the husks in water for 15 minutes to 1 hour prior to grilling to avoid the husks catching fire.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican street corn, elotes, grilled mexican street corn, gluten-free