This gluten-free heirloom tomato and corn savory galette is a savory summertime galette with fresh sweet corn and heirloom tomatoes.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cubed)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn
- 6 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 cup cherry heirloom tomatoes – sliced
- 3–4 large heirloom tomatoes – sliced
- fresh thyme
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, process the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt. Cut the butter into small cubes, add to processor and pulse to combine. Add the egg, pulse to combine. Transfer to a small bowl, form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until done. Remove and place onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cut the corn from the cobs and add to the bacon grease, cooking for about 15 minutes. Crumble bacon and add back into the pan. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to assemble the galette.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, garlic, basil, and thyme, stirring to combine.
- Once the crust is chilled, remove from refrigerator and place onto a floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the crust into a large circle, about 14 inches.
- Using a spoon, spread the ricotta filling onto the galette in the center, within about 1 1/2 inches from the edge of the crust. Next, add the corn and bacon mixture and spread over the ricotta.
- Then, slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and slice the large heirloom tomatoes into thin slices. Begin layering them onto the corn mixture.
- Begin folding the edge of the crust inward, overlapping the edge of the filling layer. Top with fresh thyme.
- Using a pastry brush, brush on the whisked egg white to give the crust edges a nice egg wash.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Be sure to use a gluten-free cornmeal
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: savory galette, gluten-free galette, heirloom tomato and corn savory galette