Elevate the moment with a gorgeous holiday charcuterie board. This simple yet elegant holiday charcuterie board is easy to assemble and will have your guests coming back for more.
- 3–4 slices of meat per person – variety of flavors and textures
- 1–2 oz. of cheese per person – variety of flavors and textures
- Seasonal fruits, both fresh and dried
- Crackers, nuts, seeds, or bread to fill
- Seasonal extras like jams, sauces, chocolate, marshmallows, etc.
- Start by selecting the right board for your spread. You can use large cutting boards, slate boards, or large marble or ceramic platters.
- Once you know how many guests you’ll have, you can begin choosing your meat and cheese. Plan for 3-4 slices of meat per person, and 1-2 oz. of cheese per person. Choose a variety of flavors and textures with both the meat and cheese – from mild to robust. Arrange the meat and cheese on the platter, leaving space to fill in with your other ingredients.
- Once you have your meat and cheese on the platter, begin filling in the open spaces with the fruit, crackers, nuts, bread, and seasonal extras. For a holiday charcuterie board, cranberries, candied nuts, chocolate, chocolate covered pretzels, seasonal marshmallows, caramels, or peppermints would be a good choice.
- Finish your board off with seasonal touches, like adding in fresh pine around your board, or small twinkle lights. Give it that holiday flair!
- Create a balance between flavors and textures. You can achieve this by having a mix of hard and soft cheeses, sweet snacks and spicy spreads, and fresh fruit with salty nuts. These are just a few examples to help get you started.
- With it being a holiday charcuterie board, add in extra holiday pieces like chocolate covered pretzels, candied nuts, and cranberry sauce.
- Strike a balance with color if you can. Mix colorful fruit with neutral pieces like slices of bread and crackers.
- Add in seasonal garnishes around your board such as greens, sugared cranberries, or sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Additionally, you can find great wooden boards to use as the foundation for your charcuterie board at places like Home Goods or World Market. During the holiday season is a great place to find a wide selection of boards.
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday charcuterie board, charcuterie, charcuterie boards