These homemade carne asada fries are a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Naturally gluten-free and easy to make, they’re perfect for your next big party!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating!
- 1 flank steak (1.5 – 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt & pepper
- 2–3 large russet potatoes
- Shredded Colby jack cheese
- Fresh guacamole
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Add the flank steak and marinade to a Ziploc baggie. Push all of the air out of the bag and seal. Massage the bag so that the steak is well covered by the marinade. Place into the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your potatoes, leaving the skin on, into fries. Place fries onto a lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until fries are crispy on the outside and begin to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Preheat your grill and remove the steak from the marinade bag. Grill to your preferred temperature.
- Slice steak into thin strips, then cut each strip into smaller chunks.
- On another lined baking sheet, place the fries into a heaping pile. Top with steak and shredded cheese. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. (Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn).
- Remove from oven, top with fresh guacamole and serve.