- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1 organic rotisserie chicken
- 4 celery stalks (chopped)
- 5 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 8 oz. fresh baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (I use Cup4Cup Gluten-free Multipurpose flour)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt ghee in a large stockpot, add in garlic, mushrooms, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until tender, then add in thyme. (add additional ghee if needed)
- Whisk in the flour until lightly browned, then add chicken stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper and stir until thickened.
- Add in coconut milk and whisk until combined.
- Pull apart the chicken and add to the stockpot. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.