Honey lime chicken wings are a delicious gluten-free chicken wing with a sticky and sweet honey lime glaze.
- 2 pounds fresh or thawed chicken wings and drummettes
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot starch or corn starch
- 1/2 tsp. salt – divided
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, add the chicken wings.
- Next, add the arrowroot starch, pepper, and 1/4 tsp. of the salt.
- Toss the wings to coat.
- Place the chicken wings into the air fryer basket and bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes – tossing at the 10-minute mark.
- While the wings are cooking, add the chili powder, honey, lime juice, liquid aminos, lime zest, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 tsp. of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After the wings have cooked for 20 minutes. Open the air fryer and, using kitchen tongs, dip each wing into the sauce and return to the air fryer basket. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
- Use corn starch if you do no have arrowroot starch.
- Use soy sauce if you do not have liquid aminos.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wings, air fryer recipe, gluten-free, honey lime chicken wings