Capture the flavors of your favorite earl grey tea with these London fog shortbread cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp Earl Grey tea leaves (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp decorating sugar
- Add butter to a large mixing bowl and allow it to completely soften at room temperature.
- Once butter is softened, add powdered sugar and vanilla to the bowl with the butter and mix on low until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add in flour, salt, and Earl Grey tea, mix to combine. The dough should be thick and easy to manipulate.
- Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap, and transfer the dough on top of the plastic wrap. Use your hands to begin to form the dough into a log shape. Next, wrap the dough with the plastic wrap and then roll the dough with your hands until it forms a nice smooth log. You can twist the ends of the plastic wrap to keep the ends secured. Keeping the log wrapped, transfer to the refrigerator and refrigerate overnight, or for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the refrigerated dough. Unwrap and remove from the plastic wrap. Using a knife, begin slicing your dough into 1/4 inch round slices. Place sliced cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with decorating sugar and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool, then serve and enjoy. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0