Maple mustard roasted carrots are simple yet elegant vegetable side dish that’s both delicious and gorgeous on your table.
- 2 bunches of full-size rainbow carrots (about 16 carrots)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. fresh dill (chopped)
- 1/3 cup whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the green tops off of the carrots but leave the skin on. Wash and pat dry. Lay flat on a lined baking sheet.
- Melt the olive oil, then and in the chopped dill and mix to combine. Brush oil mixture onto carrots, coating heavily.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While carrots are roasting, prepare the glaze. Add the whole grain mustard, maple syrup, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to a small saucepan and heat on low, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, remove carrots from oven and brush glaze over carrots, coating heavily. Place back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional fresh, chopped dill and serve.
- Use regular orange carrots if you’re unable to full-size rainbow carrots
- Be sure to use pure maple syrup
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted carrots, rainbow carrots, maple mustard roasted carrots, gluten-free, vegetable side dish