Creamy Yukon gold potatoes, fresh parmesan cheese, and velvety cream combine together to make the best mashed parmesan potatoes you’ll ever eat. The perfect simple yet elegant side dish for your dinner table.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 1/4 cup (5 oz.) fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Boil potatoes either whole or you can cut them in half, leaving the skin intact, until soft.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add in butter, salt, and pepper and begin to mash using an old-fashioned hand masher.
- Once most of the potatoes are mashed, begin to add the heavy cream and continue mashing until you get the consistency you desire.
- Fold in the fresh parmesan cheese and thyme.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- You can substitute half and half or whole milk for the heavy cream.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mashed potatoes, parmesan potatoes, mashed parmesan potatoes, gluten-free, side dish