- 12 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit). Make sure your oven rack is in the middle position so the cake pan fits.
- Add egg whites and lemon juice in medium sized bowl. Beat the egg mixture on medium-high speed until foamy. Add in the salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla and beat again on medium until soft peaks form.
- If you are using a hand mixer, this part can be tricky, but you’ll want to keep the mixer on medium-high and slowly add in the coconut sugar, about one tablespoon at a time. Continue until all sugar has been mixed in. Sift the remaining 1/4 cup coconut sugar and arrowroot flour into a small bowl. With your mixer on medium, slowly add in the arrowroot flour mixture, then turn up the speed to medium-high and mix until smooth.
- Pour your batter into the angel food cake pan, no oil needed. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove cake pan from oven and carefully turn the cake pan upside down. (Remember my note above, if your cake pan does not have legs you’ll want to rest to cake on top of a canned good.) Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- To remove the cake from the pan, run a knife around the outside and inside edges and invert onto a cake platter. Top with homemade cream and berries of your choice.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American