This Sunbutter buckeyes recipe is an easy nut-free alternative to the traditional peanut butter treat.
- 1 16 oz. jar of sunflower butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Soften the butter ahead of time at room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sunflower butter and softened butter, then mix on low until creamy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix again until creamy.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into medium-sized balls and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or a double-boiler.
- Remove the balls from the freezer. Then, using a toothpick, dip the balls into the chocolate covering about 3/4 of the ball. Place them back onto the lined baking sheet.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sunbutter buckeyes, buckeye recipes, buckeye balls, nut-free desserts