Spice up your charcuterie board or dress up your holiday dinner table with this orange cranberry pecan relish. With fresh cranberries, orange juice, and chopped pecans, this relish pairs perfectly with any poultry or pork dish.
- Rinse the fresh cranberries and add to a large saucepan.
- Add in the water, sugar, and orange juice.
- Bring to a slow boil and boil for about 3-4 minutes, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are cooked down and thickened.
- Add in the cranberry pear balsamic vinegar and orange zest and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the chopped pecans.
- Top with additional orange zest before serving, if preferred.
- If you cannot purchase the cranberry pear balsamic vinegar, you can swap in regular balsamic vinegar, but reduce the amount down to 2 Tbsp. Also, peel and core 1 fresh pear and chop it finely, then add with the cranberries.
- For a sweeter relish, omit the balsamic and/or increase the sugar by about 1 Tbsp.
- Omit the pecans if you have a nut allergy
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: condiment
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: orange cranberry relish, relish, cranberry sauce