These orange Moscato cupcakes are like mimosa in a cupcake! Perfect for your next brunch, whip up a batch of these orange Moscato cupcakes featuring Missouri wine.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cup Missouri St. James Moscato
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
Orange Moscato Buttercream
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Moscato
- 4 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat oven according to cake box directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the white cake mix, Moscato, and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and fill to about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake according to cake box directions.
- When finished baking, remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, combine all of the orange Moscato buttercream ingredients; beat on medium until smooth. If the icing is too thick, add more Moscato 1 tsp. at a time. If the icing is too thin, add more powdered sugar 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag and Wilton 2D tip, or simply frost with a butterknife, whichever you prefer.
Don’t panic, this recipe does not use the egg or the oil from the box mix directions.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: orange moscato cupcakes, cupcakes, dessert, Missouri wine