Get crispy fried wings using the oven with this oven fried chicken wings recipe. A deliciously easy gluten-free dinner idea!
- 2 pounds fresh or thawed chicken wings and drummettes
- 3 Tbsp. arrowroot starch or corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 12 oz. bottle of Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the wings to a large bowl then season with the salt, pepper, and starch. Toss to coat fully.
- Place a cooling rack onto a baking sheet and place the wings onto the cooling rack.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the sauce. Add Frank’s hot sauce and butter to a saucepan and heat on medium, stirring to combine as the butter melts.
- When the wings are done, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Using kitchen tongs, individually dip each wing into the sauce and place them back onto the cooling rack. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and turn the oven setting to broil. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken and char onto the wings.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- If the wings aren’t as crispy as you’d like, keep them under the broiler a bit longer.
- Use any hot sauce you prefer.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chicken wing recipes, gluten-free recipes, oven fried chicken wings