These pecan pie shortbread bars have all of your favorite ooey-gooey flavors of pecan pie in a delicious shortbread crust bar. If you don’t want to tackle pies this Thanksgiving, try baking these instead!
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour – divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark Karo syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add 1 cup flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine. Add in the cold butter one small chunk at a time. Continue to pulse until the dough starts to come together.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and press into the greased 9×9 baking dish using your hands. Smooth out the bottom and make sure it’s even. Using a fork, pierce the bottom of the crust multiple times throughout the pan. Doing this will help prevent the crust from rising during baking.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, add the eggs to a small bowl and whisk until beaten. Then, add the dark Karo, sugar, pecans, vanilla, and 2 Tbsp. flour – whisk to combine.
- Pour over the cooled crust and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set and a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least an hour or two, then cut into bars and serve.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Time-saving tip – bake these 1-2 days prior and store in an air-tight container
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan pie shortbread bars, pecan pie, shortbread, Thanksgiving desserts, pecan pie bars