This Rustic Berry Galette is gluten-free and is the perfect summertime dessert! Pair it with vanilla ice cream and you’ll have a delicious gluten-free dessert.
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cold water (plus 2 tbsp )
- 1 egg white (for egg wash on crust)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Cut butter into cubes and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs.
- Add cold water and stir until the dough comes together. (add an additional 1-2 tbsp. of cold water, if needed, until the mixture comes together well)
- Press the dough into a ball or disc, wrap with plastic wrap or in a towel, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, add the berry filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together. Set aside until dough is ready.
- When the dough is ready, lay out one sheet of parchment paper and flour lightly. Add dough to floured surface. Then cover the dough with an additional sheet of parchment paper and roll out into a large 12-14 inch circle.
- Spoon filling into the center of the dough, then carefully fold up the edges, letting them naturally fold in.
- Carefully transfer the dough, parchment paper and all, to a baking sheet. Trim the edges of the parchment paper so that none is hanging over the edges.
- In a small bowl, whisk the one egg white and brush over the crust edges. Sprinkle additional sugar across the entire galette and place in the oven to bake.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and let slightly cool before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream if preferred.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rustic berry galette, gluten-free galette, gluten-free baking