Add this savory bacon asiago pastry tart to your next brunch menu! With its golden flaky crust and sweet and savory filling, it will definitely be a crowd pleaser. #breakfasttart #pastrytart #bacon #asiago #brunch
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese – softened
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese – grated
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound bacon – cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Once cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- While the bacon is cooking, combine the cream cheese, asiago cheese, thyme, salt, pepper, and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Grease a large flat baking sheet, then roll out the puff pastry dough onto the baking sheet. Using your hands, spread the puff pastry dough out until you have a large rectangle about 9 x 13 inches. Next, using your fingers fold over the edges of the puff pastry all the way around, about 1/4 of an inch, to make a crust edge.
- Spread the cheese filling over the entire bottom of the puff pastry dough up to the folded edges.
- Next, top with fresh baby spinach, then top with the bacon pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool, then cut and serve. Top with additional grated asiago cheese if preferred.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0