A savory southwest galette that’s gluten-free – made with a cornmeal crust and filled with chorizo and peppers.
- 1 cup gluten-free 1 to 1 flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 18 oz pork chorizo
- 2 yellow bell peppers – sliced
- 1/2 white onion – sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded quesadilla cheese
- Queso Fresco crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and butter – pulse until combined and you have coarse crumbles.
- Add the egg and water, pulse again until the dough comes together. You may need to stop and use a spatula to stir, then pulse again.
- Remove dough from processor, wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, add the chorizo, peppers, and onions to a large skillet and cook over medium heat.
- When the dough is ready, and the chorizo and peppers are cooked, place the dough onto a floured piece of parchment paper. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 12-14 inch circle.
- Transfer the cooked chorizo mixture onto the center of the dough circle.
- Carefully fold up the edges of the dough, pinching together any cracks along the sides.
- Top with shredded quesadilla cheese and then carefully transfer the galette, parchment paper and all, to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is crispy and golden brown. The crust will darken where it absorbs the chorizo oil, however, make sure it bakes until crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with crumbled queso fresco cheese and serve.
- I’ve cooked this recipe with both beef and pork chorizo. In the pictures you’ll see beef chorizo, however, in the recipe directions I recommend using pork chorizo. Both will work, but for texture, I suggest using pork chorizo.
- I suggest using Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free baking flour – I have not tested this recipe with any other 1 to 1 flour.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free galette, savory galette, brunch