A delicious gluten-free and low-carb dinner recipe, this Sheet Pan Philly Cheesesteak recipe brings all the flavor of your favorite Philly cheesesteak without the carbs.
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. steak seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil – divided
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 green peppers
- 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. thin-sliced provolone cheese
- First, add the flank steak, steak seasoning, Worchestershire sauce, 3 Tbsp. olive oil, and minced garlic to a storage baggie and massage the bag to fully cover the steak in the marinade. Refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the flank steak from the baggie and place in the middle of a sheet pan.
- Cut the onion and green pepper into long slices and add to the sheet pan around the flank steak.
- Add the mushrooms to the sheet pan.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over the vegetables. Season with the salt and pepper and toss with your hands to coat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 135 degrees F.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and carefully drain off any excess juices from the sheet pan. Then, cover the veggies with the thin-sliced provolone.
- Switch the oven to the broiler setting and place the sheet pan back into the oven just until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes then slice and serve.
- If flank steak is not available, you can use chuck, skirt, strip or ribeye and cook to medium-rare.
- For an even faster dinner, pre-cut the veggies the night before.
- Nutritional Disclaimer
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sheet pan dinners, gluten-free dinners, sheet pan Philly cheesesteak