Another easy dinner in under 30 minutes with this sheet pan sweet & spicy chicken recipe.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 6–7 chicken thighs)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt – divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce (use sweet chili sauce for less heat)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional – leave off for less heat)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sweet and spicy sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to thicken.
- Spray your sheet pan with coconut oil. Cut up chicken into small cubes and arrange on the sheet pan. Cut any stalks off of the broccoli florets and add to the pan. Chop the red and yellow peppers, add to the sheet pan. Sprinkle with ginger, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, toss the chicken and vegetables to coat with the spices, then spread out evenly across the sheet pan.
- Pour one-half of the sweet and spicy sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Place sheet pan into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, tossing half-way through.
- While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, cook your rice according to package directions.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove the sheet pan from the oven. There may be a lot of extra juices on the sheet pan from the chicken and vegetables. You can drain some of this carefully off of the pan. After draining the excess juices, add the remaining sauce to the chicken and gently toss to coat. Serve with over rice or quinoa.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: sheet pan dinner, gluten-free dinner, sweet and spicy chicken