This skirt steak with blue cheese polenta is an easy gluten-free dinner option. Simple pan sear the skirt steak and whip up the blue cheese polenta and you’ll have dinner ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
- 2 cups uncooked polenta (corn grits)
- 5 Tbsp. butter – divided
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to boil.
- Add the polenta and stir, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the polenta is cooking, heat the cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and let melt.
- Season both sides of the skirt steak with the salt and pepper.
- Add the skirt steak to the heated skillet and let sear on one side for 3-4 minutes. Then flip and sear the other side for another 3-4 minutes. Check the temperature for medium-rare (130 degrees) and then remove from skillet once it’s reached medium-rare. Let the skirt steak rest while you finish the polenta.
- Once the polenta has finished cooking, add 3 tablespoons of butter and the blue cheese crumbles and stir until melted and combined.
- Gently slice the skirt steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with the polenta and a vegetable of your choice.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skirt steak, polenta, blue cheese, certified angus beef, gluten-free dinner