- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb. grass fed beef
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 jar organic pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash lengthwise, scrape out the seeds. Brush inside of both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Turn face down onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- While squash is baking, cook Italian sausage, beef and remaining seasonings in a skillet until cooked through. Drain any excess grease and return to the pan.
- Add in pasta sauce and let simmer on low.
- Once finished cooking, remove spaghetti squash from oven, carefully turn over (they will be hot) and scrape out the spaghetti squash and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Begin layering the ingredients into the empty squash shells starting with a layer of spaghetti squash, then meat & sauce mixture, then mozzarella cheese. Continue with another layer of spaghetti squash, meat & sauce mixture, then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back into the oven just long enough to melt the cheese on top.